Warranty & Return Policy
- Spence Engineering and Nicholson Steam Trap warrant the products we manufacture to be free from any defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from receipt by Purchaser. If within that period we receive from the Purchaser written notice of any alleged defect, we will, at our option, repair or replace the product. No item can be returned without our written consent, and all returns will be made prepaid to us at Walden, New York. No charges for labor and/or any other expense, actual, consequential, direct or indirect associated with the defective item will be allowed. If the item is defective, the total damage is limited to the price of the returned item only
- All material returned for credit must be unused and will be subject to a handling charge and restocking charge.
- The express warranty above constitutes the entire warranty with respect to Spence/Nicholson products, and is in lieu all others, expressed or implied, including any warranty of merchantability and warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and no warranty, expressed or implied, made by any Sales Representative, Agent or Distributor shall be binding upon Spence Engineering and Nicholson Steam Trap.
- Product identified as defective must be field serviced either by the Representative, or authorized Spence/Nicholson personnel. A field service report must be filed before a RMA number can be assigned and the product returned to the factory for credit or replacement. A $60 fee will be charged for warranty returns that are found to be working correctly and have not been properly inspected prior to return.
- If a warranty item is found to be defective, it will be repaired or replaced and returned to the customer at no charge. Any other resolution requires pre-approval by the factory.
- Products identified as "factory stock" may not be returned for credit unless the product is determined to be defective within its warranty period, or the factory clearly erred in shipment or the order entry process.
- Products identified as "factory stock" that are returned for credit due to no fault of the factory must have factory pre-approval before being returned. These products will be assessed a $50 charge plus a 30% restocking charge. Obsolete material is not returnable under any circumstances.
- Product identified as "non-factory stock" or special order products, are built to order. Therefore, "Non-factory stock" products are not subject to return unless it was the result of a factory error.
- Shortages and/or damages must be reported to the factory within 10 working days from the date of shipment. The shipment will be credited or replaced at our option. Failure to report any lose or damage within 10 working days will result in denial of claim.
Terms & Conditions
- Terms: NET 30 days Minimum order amount $100 Net subject to approval by our credit department.
- We reserve the right to correct and/or reject quotations made on our behalf by our Sales Representatives, Agents or Distributors.
- All prices are F.O.B. factory. No free freight is allowed unless so stated in our quotation. Added costs due to special packaging, routing or other special requirements of the Purchaser are chargeable to the Purchaser. Any taxes we are required to collect or pay with respect to an order will be charged to and paid for by the Purchaser.
- All orders are subject to approval by our Engineering and Credit Departments.
- We reserve the right to make design changes without notice.
- We shall not be held liable for delay in manufacture or delivery occasioned by causes beyond our control. In no event shall we be liable for any consequential damages or claims for labor resulting from failure or delay in delivery.
- The Buyer is cautioned that any export of the products sold hereunder many be subject to required governmental licenses and authorizations. Buyer agrees to comply with all U.S. export regulations which control the products it purchases from seller, including the export administration regulations administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations administered by the U.S. Department of State. Buyer shall be responsible for procuring any required licenses or authorizations. Buyer further warrants that it will not re-export the goods or any technical information to any country to which export is prohibited by pertinent laws and regulations of the United States of America.
- The carrier is responsible for loss or damages in transit and all such claims must be made by the purchaser direct to the carrier.